Expansion of MSME sector
- Promotion and development of enterprises is a State subject.
- The Central Government supplements the efforts of the State/UT Governments through various schemes, programmes and policy initiatives for promotion, development and enhancing the competitiveness of MSMEs and to increase employment opportunities in the country.
- The Ministry of MSME implements various schemes and programmes for growth and development of MSME Sector in the country.
- These schemes and programmes inter-alia include Prime Minister’s Employment Generation programme (PMEGP), Scheme of Fund for Regeneration of Traditional Industries (SFURTI), A Scheme for Promoting Innovation, Rural Industry & Entrepreneurship (ASPIRE), Credit Guarantee Scheme for Micro and Small Enterprises, Micro and Small Enterprises Cluster Development Programme (MSE-CDP) etc.
- Benefits under these schemes are available to all eligible MSMEs throughout the country.
- Ministry of MSME has also been implementing a special scheme viz. ‘Promotion of MSMEs in North Eastern Region and Sikkim’ which focuses on improving the condition of MSME Sector in North Eastern States including Assam.
The Scheme-wise Budget allocation of these schemes is given below:-
This information was given by Union Minister for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises