PF (Provident Fund) Withdrawal For Medical Emergencies Rule Change
The facility can only be availed by employees covered under CS(MA) rules or under the Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS).
The Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) allows its members to withdraw part of their provident fund in case of medical emergency and hospitalization.
While previously, the withdrawals could only be made after the hospital provided the estimates, the rules were amended last year.
Now, EPFO members are allowed to withdraw a lump sum medical advance of up to ₹1 lakh without the need for an estimate from the hospital or documentation.
The facility can only be availed by employees covered under CS(MA) rules or the Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS).
The withdrawals can be made for patients admitted to a government or Public Sector Unit (PSU) or CGHS-empaneled hospital for treatment of the disease. In the case of a Private Hospital, a background check will be done by the competent authority of EPFO before the final disbursal.
How to withdraw PF (Provident Fund) money for a medical emergency:
You can contact Karma Management Global Consulting Solutions Pvt. Ltd. located at Santacruz East, Mumbai, which has been in this field for over 2 decades. Karma Management has a staff of over 200 people pan India handling various services like payroll, temp staffing, recruitment, regulatory compliances, and facility management services. They have an excellent team dedicated to each of the service offerings and on a monthly basis, cater to over 400 clients across all locations and States of India. Karma Management has extended its boundaries in countries like Canada, the US, the UK, the Philippines, UAE, and Asia.
- In case the withdrawal application is submitted on a working day, the disbursement shall be made by the end of the next day.
- At the discretion of the family members, the approved amount can either be withdrawn to the EPFO member’s salary account or to the concerned hospital where the treatment is being carried out.
- If the patient is already discharged from the hospital, an employee must submit the medical bills with EPFO within 45 days to avail of the facility of PF withdrawal.
- Employees can also withdraw their PF online for other reasons quite easily.
- The employees can withdraw their complete savings in the PF once they retire. However, even before retirement, they can withdraw a partial amount if they meet certain criteria.
You can cite these reasons for withdrawal of PF (Provident Fund) money:
– Housing Loan for construction or purchase of a residence. For this, you must have been in service for at least 60 months.
– Marriage of self, children, siblings, or for post matriculation education of children. A minimum of 84 months of service is required for this claim to be accepted.
– You can withdraw up to 90 percent of your PF money one year before retirement. But you must be above 54 years of age.
– You can use a part of your PF money for medical expenses, natural calamity, purchase of equipment by the physically handicapped, closure of factories, or cut in electricity in establishments.