Karnataka Tax on Professions, Trades, Callings and Employments Act, 1976 (Karnataka Act 35 of 1976), the Government of Karnataka hereby exempts with effect from the date of publication in the Gazette, the tax.
Contents News/Article Date:13th July 2023
Relating to which Act: Karnataka State Tax on Professions, Trades, Callings, and Employment Act, 1976
Penalty under the Act: Monthly payment is required for registered employers. If any individual/company fails to do so, they would be liable to pay a 1% penalty per month on the due tax amount.
Applicable to which State: Karnataka State
Type: Government of Karnataka, Karnataka Government Secretariat, Notification No. FD / 09 / CPT / 2023 dated 13th July 2023 issued by Under Secretary to Government, Finance Department
Pertains to: All Karnataka registered professional taxpayers who are exempted from payment
Relevance of this news: Karma Global has been in the business of HR Services, Payroll, Outsourcing and Regulatory Compliances right from its inception in 2004 and since then, has brought in a lot of efficiencies and technological upgradations with experts on its roll, to ease the hassles of Payroll Processing, Temp Staffing, On-boarding, Employee Life Cycle, Statutory, Regulatory and Payroll compliances by providing customized solutions to all its elite clients.
Karma Global has set up its offices in the UK, USA, UAE, Canada and South East Asia and is fully into providing solutions for workplace issues, employment law advice, immigration and negotiation, representation in employment tribunals and involvement in leading cases, addressing HR issues in line with Labour Laws, payroll, staffing and talent acquisition.
In this instance:
EXEMPTED FROM PAYMENT:
- Owners of Transport vehicles (other than Auto rickshaws) not exceeding two in number, run on their own or through others under permits granted;
- Holders of permits of two or less Taxies or three-wheeler goods/passenger vehicles;
- Individual persons engaged in any profession, trade, callings and employment who are physically challenged and who has a total permanent disability of not less than 40% of both upper and lower extremity deformities subject to production of a certificate obtained from the Head of the Orthopaedic Department of Government Civil Hospital in the State;
- Individual person having a single child and who has undergone sterilisation operation, subject to production of a certificate from the District Surgeon, Government Civil hospital, for having undergone such operation;
- An ex-serviceman other than those covered under Serial no. 1 of the Schedule;
- A person covered under Serial no. 1 of the above Schedule who is blind or deaf and dumb;
- Foreign technicians employed in the State provided their appointments are approved by the Government of India for the purpose of exemptions from payment of Income Tax subject to a maximum of two years from the date of their joining duty;
- All charitable and Philanthropic hospitals or Nursing homes situated in places below the Taluk level in all Districts of the State except Bengaluru, Ramanagara and Bengaluru Rural District.
- Directors of Companies registered in Karnataka and nominated by the Financing agencies owned or controlled by the State Government or by other statutory bodies;
- Combatant and civilian non-combatant members of the Armed Forces who are governed by the Army Act, 1950, the Navy Act, 1957 and the Air Force Act, of 1950;
- Institutes teaching Kannada or English shorthand or Typewriting;
- The person running educational institutions, tutorial colleges and institutions teaching shorthand or Typewriting but excluding professional and technical educational institutions;
Subject: Karnataka Tax on Professions, Trades, Callings and Employments Act, 1976 (Karnataka Act 35 of 1976), the Government of Karnataka hereby exempts with effect from the date of publication in the Gazette, the tax payable under the said Act,
Attached is the notification