The Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act of 2013 (POSH Act)
Contents News/Article Date: 28th June 2023
Relating to which Act: The Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act of 2013 (POSH Act)
Penalty under the Act: Failure to comply with this could lead to hefty penalties. Some of the provisions under the PoSH Law include – When the employer fails to constitute an Internal Committee or breaches provisions of this Act or any rules made thereunder, they shall be punishable with a fine of fifty thousand rupees (INR 50,000).
Applicable to which State: Whole of India
Type: Karma Global POSH policy drafting and implementation measures to be taken at the workplace
Pertains to: All establishments where the act is applicable – APPLICABILITY OF THE POSH POSH provisions are applicable to all establishments, companies, and organizations (whether public or private) employing 10 or more employees (whether permanent, temporary, ad-hoc, consultants, interns or contract workers irrespective of gender) irrespective of business or industry.
Relevance of this news: Karma Global is in the business of HR Services, Payroll, Outsourcing and Regulatory Compliances right from its inception in 2004 and since then, has brought in a lot of efficiencies and technological upgradations with experts on its roll, to ease the hassles of Payroll Processing, Temp Staffing, On-boarding, Employee Life Cycle, Statutory, Regulatory and Payroll compliances by providing customized solutions to all its elite clients.
Now Karma Global is also fully in labour compliance for nearly 18 years and is helping both establishments and workers fulfilment obligations as per the laws of the land. It has over 200 staff, both direct and indirect on its rolls and operates on a Pan India basis. Recently, it has diversified into foreign shores as well, into countries like the US, UK, UAE, Canada, Philippines, and Asia for handling payroll, outsourcing, recruitment and governance.
And in the current instance
COMPLIANCES UNDER POSH
(1) Constitution of Internal Complaints Committee
(2) Formulation of Internal POSH Policy
(3) Organizing Workshops, Awareness Programs and Orientation Programs.
(4) Submission of Reports
COMPLAINTS OF SEXUAL HARASSMENT
- Any aggrieved woman can make a complaint in writing about the sexual harassment at the workplace to Internal Complaints Committee from the date of the incident.
- Where the aggrieved women are unable to make a complaint on account of her physical, or mental incapacity or death or otherwise, her legal heir may make a complaint.
- The Internal Committee or the Local Committee may before initiating an inquiry under section 11 and at the request of the aggrieved woman take steps to settle the matter between her and the respondent through conciliation.
- If the matter is settled, the Internal Committee or the Local Committee will take it into the record and forward the same to the employer or district officer to take further action.
- When settlement has arrived, no further inquiry shall be conducted by the Internal Committee or the Local Committee.
Subject: Precautionary measures to be taken – The Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act of 2013 (POSH Act)
Attached is the notification